About Dr. Stacey Bates
Hello! I am Dr. Stacey Bates. I earned my doctoral degree in Educational Psychology from The University of Texas at Austin. In addition, I have been working as a Licensed Psychologist and Licensed Specialist in School Psychology in the Austin area since 2006. My specialized training and expertise in the assessment of children, adolescents, and adults has been acquired through working in a variety of settings including public schools, juvenile justice programs, community mental health centers, and private practice.
My areas of expertise in assessment include emotional and behavioral functioning, ADD/ADHD, learning disabilities, and autism-spectrum disorders. I also have a background in child development and experience in assessment of emotional and behavioral problems in young children. My experience practicing psychology in public schools gives me a unique ability to work with clients and parents to recommend appropriate educational interventions and accommodations and to provide guidance with regard to navigating special education and 504 services. I believe that assessment involves working together to identify an individual’s strengths, as well as areas in which extra support may be needed, in order to ensure success. I truly consider myself an advocate for clients and their families.
Areas of Specialization
- Emotional & behavioral problems in children and adolescents
- Learning disabilities, including dyslexia
- Autism spectrum disorders (ASD)
- Special education evaluations
- Eligibility for 504 services
- B.A. – 1995, The University of Texas at Austin
- M.S. – 1998, The University of North Texas
- Ph.D. – 2004, The University of Texas at Austin
- Licensed Psychologist, Texas #33152
- Licensed Specialist in School Psychology, Texas #32869