At the feedback session, you will be given an invoice by the psychologist for the assessment that contains all of the proper billing codes. You can then submit this invoice to your insurance company for your out of network reimbursement.
Important Information about ApaCenter Assessments
The overall fees for ApaCenter assessments are very competitive given the quality and comprehensiveness of our evaluations.
Some facts about our assessments:
- Our comprehensive assessments require about 20 hours of time to complete (1.5 hour initial consultation, 6-7 hours of one-on-one testing, 10-12 hours for scoring, interpretation, and report-writing, and 1.5 hours for feedback).
- Most of our Licensed Psychologists are also Licensed Specialists in School Psychology (LSSPs). Thus, we have specialized training in assessments of school-aged children and adolescents and are experts in obtaining school-based accommodations and services through special education and 504.
- All reports contain individualized recommendations based on the strengths and weaknesses of each person. We do not use “cookie-cutter” recommendations.
- We provide a 1.5 hour feedback session with the Licensed Psychologist (or Post-Doctoral Psychology Resident) to review the assessment findings and recommendations.
As you investigate options for an assessment for you or your child, be sure to ask questions such as:
- Does the Licensed Psychologist or doctorate-level clinician do the evaluation his or herself or is it a graduate student who does the testing and report writing?
- How many total hours are involved for the assessment?
- Does the evaluation formally include testing in the areas of attention, cognitive abilities, academic skills, and behavioral/emotional functioning?
- Is the psychologist also a Licensed Specialist in School Psychology?
- How many direct hours does the psychologist or doctorate-level clinician spend on the assessment?
- Is a 1.5-hour feedback session included?
Deciding to pursue an evaluation is a big decision and a new process for most people. At the ApaCenter, we approach assessments in a way to ensure that we answer your questions and help you get the results you want.
If you would like to set up an initial consultation session, please contact us at (512) 891-1500. We look forward to hearing from you!